Looking to add some new templates to your arsenal of headlines that work?
Let’s move beyond the common ones you see over and over — like “how to” — and bring some new blood to the mix with these 10 titles you can customize for your audience.
1. Who Else Wants [blank]?
Starting a headline with “Who Else Wants …” is a classic social-proof strategy that implies an already existing consensus desire.
- Who Else Wants More People to Read Their Writing?
- Who Else Wants a Higher Paying Job?
- Who Else Wants More Fun and Less Stress When on Vacation?
2. The Secret of [blank]
This one is used quite a bit, but that’s because it works.
Share insider knowledge and translate it into a benefit for the reader.
- The Secret of Successful Podcasting
- The Secret of Protecting Your Assets in Litigation
- The Secret of Getting Your Home Loan Approved
3. Here Is a Method That Is Helping [blank] to [blank]
Simply identify your target audience and the benefit you can provide them, and fill in the blanks.
- Here Is a Method That Is Helping Homeowners Save Hundreds on Insurance
- Here Is a Method That Is Helping Children Learn to Read Sooner
- Here Is a Method That Is Helping Content Marketers Write Better Titles
4. Little-Known Ways to [blank]
A more intriguing (and less common) way of accomplishing the same thing as “The Secret of …” headline.
- Little-Known Ways to Save on Your Heating Bill
- Little-Known Ways to Optimize Gmail
- Little-Known Ways to Lose Weight Quickly and Safely
5. Get Rid of [problem] Once and For All
A classic on this list of headlines that work. It identifies either a painful problem or an unfulfilled desire that the reader wants to remedy.
- Get Rid of Your Unproductive Work Habits Once and For All
- Get Rid of That Carpet Stain Once and For All
- Get Rid of That Lame Mullet Hairdo Once and For All
6. Here’s a Quick Way to [solve a problem]
People love quick and easy when it comes to solving a nagging problem.
- Here’s a Quick Way to Get Over a Cold
- Here’s a Quick Way to Potty Train Junior
- Here’s a Quick Way to Back Up Your Hard Drive
7. Now You Can Have [something desirable] [great circumstance]
The is the classic “have your cake and eat it too” headline — and who doesn’t like that?
- Now You Can Quit Your Job and Make Even More Money
- Now You Can Meet Smart Singles Online Without Spending a Dime
- Now You Can Own a Cool Mac and Still Run Windows
8. [Do something] like [world-class example]
Gatorade milked this one fully with the “Be Like Mike” campaign featuring Michael Jordan in the early 1990s.
- Speak Spanish Like a Diplomat
- Party Like Mick Jagger
- Blog Like an A-Lister
9. Have a [or] Build a [blank] You Can Be Proud Of
Appeal to vanity, dissatisfaction, or shame. Enough said.
- Eat a Healthy Diet You Can Be Proud Of
- Have a Smile You Can Be Proud Of
- Build a Professional Network You Can Be Proud Of
10. What Everybody Ought to Know About [blank]
Big curiosity draw with this type of headline, and it acts almost as a challenge to the reader to go ahead and see if they are missing something.
- What Everybody Ought to Know About SEO
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Adjustable-Rate Mortgages
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Writing Great Headlines
Looking for more headlines that work?
Pick up our free, comprehensive ebook on Magnetic Headlines.