There’s something going around, and I don’t mean the crud my kids gave me last week.
So here we go…
- I was featured in Dan Pink’s Free Agent Nation.
- I played high school football, and in my senior year we were one win away from the state championship game when we lost to Odessa Permian (yes, that Odessa Permian) when they nailed a field goal with no time remaining on the clock. A lingering image of teenage boys crying on an icy field reminds me of how powerful our hopes and dreams can be, whether it’s a game, a hobby, or your life’s ambition.
- I read William Gibson’s Neuromancer in 1987, and that’s one of the main reasons why I jumped online in 1994.
- I came extremely close to death due to a snowboarding injury in 2005, and that’s one of the main reasons why I started this blog in January of 2006.
- My wife and I fell in love over email in 1997, even though we lived in the same city and worked for the same law firm, separated by just one floor of a high rise office building. Further proof that the written word works wonders, since she despised me when we first met (or at least that’s her story). 🙂