Sonia was a founding partner of Copyblogger Media (now Rainmaker Digital) when it formed in 2010, and serves as the company’s chief content officer.
She has a long background in traditional marketing, both with startups and in more established corporate environments. She also created and ran a well-received marketing course for small business, The Remarkable Marketing Blueprint.
Sonia is a longtime veteran of social media (she first got online in 1989), and as the content marketing revolution is evolving, she’s finding that her once-weird ideas are becoming mainstream. This has been as much a surprise to her as it is to anyone.
She hosts two podcasts:
- Confessions of a Pink-Haired Marketer, a highly opinionated take on the mindset and habits of successful folks
- Copyblogger.FM, a podcast for and about content marketers
Sonia’s marketing philosophy is that a company’s marketing is, very simply, the sum total of everything that company communicates to its customers — both in words and actions. Because of this, she considers herself a teacher as much as a marketer. She places the relationship with the audience of prospects and customers above everything else, and that’s the approach she teaches our students.
For a more complete “how to” on Sonia’s once-weird marketing ideas, check out her 20-part tutorial for online marketers, Internet Marketing for Smart People. It’s part of our free membership program, MyCopyblogger, and was created to give any business a solid foundation in the Copyblogger approach to building and ethically marketing to an audience.
You may also want to check out a few of Sonia’s popular articles written for Copyblogger. (Apparently she really likes the number 7.)
- The 7 Bad Habits of Insanely Productive People
- The Granola-Munching Hippie’s Guide to All-Natural SEO
- 10 Content Marketing Goals Worth Pursuing
- The 7 Things Writers Need to Make a Living
- The Most Dangerous Threat to Your Online Marketing Efforts
- A 7-Point Plan for More Shareable Content