This isn’t a proper entry in Darren Rowse’s latest Group Writing Project, but since I have five announcements and he’s running a “Top Five” contest this time around, I thought I should at least get in the spirit of things. If you haven’t joined in, get yourself a free link and a shot at $1001 in cash.
On to the news:
1. New Design – You already know about the new Copyblogger design that debuted on Monday. Most of you seem to like it, while several people are pining for the wide-open white space of the original. Hey, I miss it a bit too, but it’s not all bad because…
2. WordPress Theme Release – The former Copyblogger design that countless coveted and several stole will be released as a free WordPress theme in the coming weeks. Chris Pearson is making some tweaks that will allow for easy customization, including multiple color schemes. So if you miss the old design, you’ve got it… for yourself.
3. New Voices – Having guest writers while I went on vacation last month convinced me that Copyblogger is better with voices other than just my own. Roberta Rosenberg, Chris Garrett and Muhammad Saleem will be sharing their expertise with you on an ongoing basis.
4. Your Voice – I’ll also consider article submissions from any Copyblogger reader, beginning in the near future. I’m admittedly picky, but if you submit valuable original content that Copyblogger readers will love, I’ll post it along with your byline and link.
5. Copywriting Contest – Next week we’ll begin our own group writing project here at Copyblogger, with $10,000 in prizes. Stay tuned for more details on Monday.
P.S. Copyblogger has been nominated (thanks Denise!) for Best Marketing Blog in the Blogger’s Choice Awards. Just FYI. 😉