Why bullet points? Like it or not, they keep people reading your blog posts, pages, articles, and copy like nothing else …
In the online attention economy, studies show us that readers behave in very predictable ways.
They’ll read the headline, the first sentence, they’ll scan the page, particularly the left-hand side of the page, looking at the sub headlines and slowing down at the bullets.
But they’ll fly by those bullets if you fail to craft them in a certain way …
In this roughly 10-minute episode of Rough Draft with Demian Farnworth, you’ll discover:
- The two-part essence of a great bullet point
- The proper way to think about bullet points (this will keep you from wasting time)
- The mistake amateur bullet writers make when it comes to teasing
- If and when it’s okay to have a bullet longer than one sentence
- A sublime example of bullet points that work
Rough Draft on iTunes