You can spot a mediocre writer from miles away …
Flat verbs. Obtuse nouns. Lame metaphors. Absence of stories. Rough Draft host Demian Farnworth should know. He used to be one.
In regard to the mediocre writers, it seems that they’d want an edge. That they’d kill to get their hands on words that crank out power like a Floyd Mayweather right hook.
That they’d do whatever they could. Even read unorthodox books.
In this 11-minute episode of Rough Draft with Demian Farnworth, you’ll discover:
- A very brief history of how Demian fell in love with words
- Eight words you can’t pronounce (and should never use in a normal conversation)
- The problem with 12th-grade words
- Demian’s disastrous college essays
- An unorthodox guide to a wicked vocabulary
Rough Draft on iTunes