Have you ever asked yourself why you want to become a writer?
You should. Because writing can be a thankless job. Like doing the laundry.
Listen. There will be times when you will hit a wall. You are exhausted. Lost. Broken. And you’ll ask yourself, “Why?”
Why am I doing this to myself?
You have to be able to answer that question. At the drop of a hat. All exceptional writers can. And when you do, you’ll walk away gritting your teeth, buckling down, and girding your loins.
In this 10-minute episode of Rough Draft with Demian Farnworth, you’ll discover:
- A simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership (think: golden circle)
- Three compelling reasons why you shouldn’t become a writer
- The harsh but effective manner one popular speaker used to handpick his students
- A phenomenal lesson about mastering a career from a 87-year-old sushi chef
- 20 questions that will help you create a solid strategy for your career
- The Hunter S. Thompson quote that will inspire you when your writing career is dead
Rough Draft on iTunes