1. What does Premise do?
Premise is a bundle of software and education that lets you quickly and effectively create landing pages with WordPress. The total product breaks down into the three vital aspects of landing pages that work:
First of all, you’ve got to be able to create the important landing page types outside of your normal WordPress theme. You don’t want your typical header and sidebars in the mix, and you need to be able to controls styles, colors, fonts, and graphics specifically to those landing pages.
Premise allows you to easily create 6 critical landing page styles in WordPress, add visual flair with included custom graphics, and control fonts, colors, and styles without code. And it works with any WordPress theme you’d like to use it with.
Building pages alone won’t get you the action and conversion rate you’re looking for. It’s the copy that makes people do what you want, and this is the element missing from any website or page-building software. But we’re uniquely qualified to make up for that. 😉
Premise makes your words work with copywriting advice delivered directly from your WordPress interface for each type of landing page. Plus you get the Premise Guide to Effective Copy and high-quality copywriting seminars as part of the deal.
No matter how great your copywriting skills, there’s always room for improvement in your conversion rate and search rankings. You just need the proper tools and the right guidance.
Premise provides detailed conversion optimization seminars, split-testing directly from inside WordPress, and SEO tools that ensure you’re getting the absolute most out of your landing pages.
2. What are the 6 types of landing pages I can build with Premise?
Okay, I’ve been at this for a long time. 13 years in fact, which makes me an old goat in Internet years. And I came up with the idea for Premise because I really wanted and needed it based on my own frustrations.
That said, these are the landing page types that I couldn’t live without. More importantly, these are the pages I wanted to be able to make whenever I wanted, without asking anyone for help.
1. Sales Page – This is the old workhorse when it comes time to move more of your product or service. No clutter, comments, or confusion – all action.
2. Email opt-in page – One of the most important tasks before the sale is to get people on your list. Premise makes it easy with integration from Aweber, Mail Chimp, and Constant Contact.
3. Video landing page – As video becomes more important for your messages, video landing pages will be used more and more for sales and lead generation. Again, Premise makes it easier than ever before.
4. Content (SEO) landing page – When you really want to rank for a certain search term, this the landing page to house your cornerstone content. We use a bunch of them on Copyblogger (see Copywriting 101, Content Marketing 101, etc).
5. Pricing page – When you’re selling anything with multiple plans or price points, this page is crucial for clarity. Plus it’s a great way to restate benefits and reverse risk when boosting conversion for any type of offer.
6. Tabbed scroller page – Have you ever noticed the way the Third Tribe site works with the tabs and side-scrolling content? That’s a way to deliver lots of copy without it looking like long copy, and Premise makes it a snap to pull off.
3. How can I make those pages without knowing HTML, CSS, PHP and other scary letters?
This was the key point for me. We’ve come a long way in the WordPress world with being able to do stuff without code. Why not landing pages that worked outside your regular theme, no matter what theme you choose to use?
So Premise has main settings, design settings, specific page settings, and a custom editor that gives you unprecedented control when it comes to landing pages. All of this is point-and-click, no coding required.
That’s what I wanted for myself, and I bet you’re thinking the same way.
4. You mentioned custom graphics. How does that work?
So, Premise is a high-powered plug-in for WordPress, but it’s also a lot more. Thanks to the wonders of the Premise API, we’re able to pump in constantly updated goodies to you.
One of the biggest batch of goodies is the Premise graphics library. 1,119 custom landing page graphics at last count, from our very talented in-house designer Rafal.
So, no more bad clip art. And it’s included when you get Premise.
We’ll be updating the graphics library over time, and taking your feedback for new stock. A quick back-of-envelope calculation tells me that this feature alone is worth more than Premise will cost at launch. Hmmm…
5. How can you possibly deliver copywriting advice inside WordPress?
It all comes back to that API thing. We deliver copywriting tips, templates, and tutorials for each landing page type right where and when you need it.
When I was first learning how to write copy, I had books open all over my desk. I would flail around looking for guidance on each point, spilling coffee, scaring the cat…
That’s so last century, right?
6. How does the split-testing and search optimization work?
So, Premise allows you to test your copy and pages in two ways – with Google Website Optimizer for free, or with Visual Website Optimizer if you’re a subscriber to that wonderful service.
Both are integrated into WordPress to make conversion optimization easier and more convenient. Plus, we’re including seminars from the top people in the industry – people like Bryan Eisenberg, Jeff Sexton, Sean D’Seoza, Brian Massey, Geordie Caldwell, our own Sonia Simone, and more. I suppose I’ll show up as well.
And Premise contains all the search engine optimization features you would expect from a full WordPress theme framework or dedicated SEO plug-in. So it’s never been easier to configure a page exactly how you want, and also get it found in Google.
7. You mentioned we get a special deal. What’s the catch?
You do get a special deal. In fact, it’s a ridiculously wonderful deal.
But there is a catch.
The catch is the same with all our new products. We give you a great price as a first mover, and you let us know what you think.
So, if you see an issue we missed in our extensive attempts to break Premise in exceedingly strange ways, let us know. If you think Premise rocks, but would like to see it do something more, let us know that, too.
And if you simply adore Premise, please do let us know. 🙂
That’s it. Pretty devious, I know.