You may know Michael Port as the author of the small business classic Book Yourself Solid. But did you know that he was once a professional actor, with roles on Third Watch, Law and Order, and Sex and the City?
Given his unique mix of business savvy and acting skills, it makes sense that Michael is committed to creating heroic public speakers. Whether or not you ever get on stage, though, we’re all in the presentation business when it comes to building our businesses.
Of course, speaking engagements can be one of the most effective forms of “content marketing” for freelancers and entrepreneurs. But the same skills are required for podcasting, Periscoping, and pitching.
In this episode of Unemployable with Brian Clark, Michael Port and Brian discuss:
- When all the Internet’s a stage, we’re all performers
- How to find the “big idea” that fuels any presentation
- Why you need to know how the audience views the world
- How dating and presentation skills are similar
- Why choosing the right “character” is critical
Unemployable with Brian Clark on iTunes