There are not one but two renowned Defenders of Humanity on this week’s episode of The Showrunner. Sonia Simone, Chief Content Officer for Rainmaker Digital, joins Jerod Morris and Jonny Nastor to discuss how your podcast can (and should) fit into your overall content marketing mix.
The timing of Sonia’s visit is not a coincidence. With Authority getting ready to shut its doors to new members next Wednesday (September 30, 2015), the timing for her visit could not be more perfect.
It gave Jerod and Jonny a chance to ask her many of the questions that you all ask them so often, but that she is better qualified to answer. It also gives them a chance to alert you to this final chance you have to join Authority at the best price it will ever be offered for — since the price will be higher once it reopens again in 2016.
Click here to learn more about Authority and lock in your membership if it’s the right fit for you.
Among the topics Jerod Morris and Jonny Nastor discuss with Sonia Simone on this week’s episode:
- What role should a podcast play in a Showrunner’s overall content strategy?
- What is the “content conveyer belt,” and what role does a podcast play in it?
- If you have a podcast, does it mean you don’t need to produce text content?
- How far out (6-12 months?) does Sonia recommend planning your content mix? And how do you keep it all organized so it gets done?
- What role does becoming a better writer play in improving your ability to create audio content?
The Showrunner on iTunes