Are you curious how the beginning and end of this headline actually fit together? It’s quite a promise to deliver on. Well, hosts Demian Farnworth and Jerod Morris do just that on this week’s episode of The Lede, and they improve your content discovery in the process.
And that’s important, because optimizing your content for discovery is a foundational principle of SEO on the modern web. And the element that most influences whether your content gets discovered is the headline.
On this episode of The Lede, hosts Jerod Morris and Demian Farnworth discuss:
- What they mean by “content discovery”
- A short history of content discovery
- The change in editorial strategy that led one major publication to a monthly visitor jump of ~13 million
- The elements that make a great web writer and content producer
- What traits a headline needs in order to cut through the noise and get your content discovered
- A real-life demonstration of the 4 U’s (that will make the headline make more sense)
- Resources you can use to improve your headline writing
The Lede on iTunes