You know the story about killers and poets, right?
William Maynard, creative director at a top advertising agency in the 1960s, shared this observation about the writers he had worked with during his career:
Most good copywriters fall into two categories. Poets. And killers. Poets see an ad as an end. Killers as a means to an end.
And then famed “mad man” David Ogilvy added:
If you are both killer and poet, you get rich.
But what does that actually mean? And how is it applicable to digital marketing in 2020?
That’s the topic of my new 30-page PDF report. This may be the most timely and important content I’ve published for Copyblogger.
Here’s just some of what’s included:
- The importance of being a hybrid marketer
- What AI will mean for content creators
- The “killer” skill every creative writer needs
- How to augment your creativity with technology
- The people AI will replace (and those it won’t)
- The indispensable process for lifelong success
- Why being a content creator alone is not enough
- The 3 crucial disciplines for protecting your value
- Action items for thriving in the coming decade
I know 30 pages seems like a lot, but there’s a lot to cover in these uncertain times. And I worked hard to make it flow. 🙂
Download The Killer and the Poet
This free report covers the future of digital marketing for writers and other content creators in the face of rapid technological change.