The Lede hosts Jerod Morris and Demian Farnworth thought they were all done talking about the concept of choosing yourself … but then Seth Godin commented and James Altucher reached out wanting to discuss further and clarify his position.
So, they decided to record Choose Yourself Part 2.
And why wouldn’t they? Altucher literally wrote the book on Choose Yourself!, plus he’s an interesting guy who both Jerod and Demian were excited to talk to and thought you would enjoy hearing from.
Over 35 minutes one recent Wednesday morning, The Lede team and Altucher discussed all of the following (and more):
- Random, ice-breaking thoughts on mimicking Morgan Freeman and Gollum
- Why they decided to bring this topic back for another episode
- The similarities and differences between Seth Godin’s concept of “pick yourself” and James’s idea of “choose yourself”
- The individual components that make up the choose yourself mindset
- Why choosing yourself is about much more than taking responsibility
- How James overcame his darkest moments to ultimately choose his own life over the alternative
- Why choosing yourself today doesn’t guarantee you success (but does put you in a position to be successful tomorrow)
- The importance of consistently generating and sharing ideas
- James’s big tip on the best way to create wealth for yourself
- If James thinks people are listening to his message
- James’s advice on how to deal with haters
- The problem with “failure porn”
- How James and Demian use sports to teach their kids about the real world
The Lede on iTunes