There are two things that consistently get in our way of being creative entrepreneurs — and with a little bit of intentional effort, they can both be avoided.
If you’re a writer or designer, creative block and envy can easily limit your productivity.
So what’s the best way around it?
It starts with being intentional about taking care of yourself. Perhaps it’s time away from the Internet or simply removing the distractions that seem to work their way into our lives.
In this 24-minute episode of No Sidebar, host Brian Gardner and Allison Vesterfelt discuss:
- Allison’s new gig with Donald Miller at StoryBrand
- How Allison packed a day’s worth of writing into 60 minutes
- The creative “one step back, two steps forward” mentality
- Being distracted vs. having creative block
- The impact of a seven-day Internet-free retreat
- Creative envy and how it weighs us down
- The biggest mistake that writers make
No Sidebar on iTunes